Is online learning effective?
Online learning is effective! I’ve seen it with my own eyes! The medium used to teach is not as important as how skilled the teacher is. There are still misconceptions about learning online. Let’s clear them up…
- The tech. You or your child do not have to be tech-savvy. Zoom is free to install, just to log in and you’re good to go!
- The teacher is not distant. Classes are one to one, learning is focused. Parents can call me or jump on a Zoom call anytime to discuss needs. I can even give a free trial class.
- The quality of teaching is HIGH. Very few teachers are Master level qualified and even some teaching in academies do not even have a teaching qualification. I have both a PGCE and a Masters in Education.
- Engagement. Children as young as 4 can concentrate! Techniques are interactive and fun. Content is personalised for learning needs and learning styles. Deeper or longer texts or a variety of shorter spelling, grammar or multiplication activities, we can discuss your needs.
- Traditional and modern subjects. It’s not just maths and English. I can teach Mental Health, Philosophy, Chinese, Music, Global citizenship as well as other Primary subjects including science.
- It’s social. Group lessons allow discussion, peer assessment and interaction and even presenting.